Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shabby Sweet

I love the look of shabby chic type projects. In fact I think the first blog I added to Google Reader was LilyBean's Paperie. Amy at Pickled Paper Designs, a fellow Cat's Pajamas design team member whose artistry exemplifies the style is another one I greatly admire. And I recently discovered Creative Paper Trail.  That was a real roundabout way to say that although I love the style I am not that comfortable creating it myself. And frankly, even when I do my style is still recognisable. So what do you know? Here I am with not one, but two cards attempting to be a little shabby.

It all started with the Lee's Cupcake Challenge (HYCCT1202) at Splitcoast Stampers for the Hope You Can Cling To card drive benefiting those affected by breast cancer (in partnership with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center). The challenge was to make a cupcake wrapper in addition to a card or tag for MD Anderson. I didn't bother with the wrapper since I wanted to concentrate on items I could actually send to the hospital. I cut out a cupcake from felt using the C.C. Designs Cupcake Cutters to start me off and I then used the sketch at Creative Paper Trade for the layout. I totally admit that this came out with a cleaner style than I wanted.


Products: C.C. Designs Cutters, Echo Park dp, PTI felt, twill and buttons, Linen Thread, Maya Road, stickpins, Spellbinders Nestabilities

My second card pulls double duty as well since it meets the requirements for Giovana's 3 or More Dies and a Sentiment Challenge (HYCCT1206) as well as Creative Paper Trade's challenge to include triangles. I used another C.C. Designs Cutters set,  Sweet Treats to make a Neapolitan triple scoop ice cream cone from felt. Other die work includes the PTI tag shape, the My Favorite Things mini doily and the C.C. Designs Mini Banners. The sentiment is from the C.C. Designs Sweet Sentiments set. The dp on the tag was flipped upside down so it would look more like "scoops" rather than scallops. I think this one turned out more shabby chic than the first one although still a little too "controlled."



Products: C.C. Designs Sentiment and Cutters, Echo Park dp, PTI die, felt and buttons, Kaisercraft pearls, My Favorite Things Die-namics

That's it for today. I hope to see you back here tomorrow.


My sale page.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Nancy...don't you dare apologize for these lovely creations! Your style is just perfect, JUST the way it is! Your colors and patterns look gorgeous together...Love your interpretation of the sketch on the first and your sweet little banner on the second. I adore all the lovely layers and that you've included the felt in your focal points! So many pretty details that all come together beautifully! Both cards are so very pretty and we're delighted you joined us at the CPT...so glad you could have fun with the inspiration!! I do hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness I agree with Geri! You have a wonderful eye for color, you've blended all of your elements so well. Your sweet treats made of felt are darling and I love the fun banner on your second card!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Creative Paper Trade!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeek...so cute! I am a fan of felt and love how you used in on these cards! Absolutely love those die cut shapes as well. Thank you for joining the CPT challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete