Friday, October 5, 2012

If Nothing Ever Changed

I am trying to follow along with some of the challenges at Splitcoast Stampers for the Hope You Can Cling To card drive benefiting those affected by breast cancer (in partnership with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center). I made a few cards last year but hope to get more done this time around. Today's card represents Beate's Rays of Hope challenge (HYCCT1201C) to create a card mostly in grays with one splash of color.

I combined papers from the October Afternoon Farmhouse 8x8 pad and Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow cardstock with the My Favorite Things Inspired by Butterflies stamp set. I first cut the butterfly shape from patterned paper with the the butterfly shaped Die-namics and stamped it with the matching image using Nick Bantock ink. I then heat embossed it with Black Diamonds embossing powders for a bit of sparkle. I used a couple more Die-namics to create the rolled rose and and the two stripes behind the main image. I applied dimensional dots underneath each wing for a bit of lift. The sentiment stamped on a fishtail banner, a few pearls and twill ribbon bow provided the finishing touches. I multi-tasked  by combining this challenge with this week's My Favorite Things sketch challenge (MFTWSC92) for the layout. I am usually my own worst critic but I really like how it turned out.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-namics, October Afternoon dp, Kaisercraft pearls, May Arts twill, Spellbinders Nestabilities

That's it for today. Have a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, this is a beautiful card! And the sentiment makes it appropriate for a number of occasions.

    ReplyDelete