Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitudes

I haven't had a chance to participate in the daily gratitudes on Facebook so today's post is about some of the things that I am grateful for. Oftentimes I think we (including me) concentrate on the negatives rather than the positives.  So on this day of Thanksgiving here are mine:

Health.  It really is something I take for granted but I do thank God that both Don and I remain relatively healthy.

My home.  It's a struggle to pay for it sometimes but I am grateful that so far we are able to make our payments and we are not underwater with it. It isn't a dream home by any measure but it is our shelter from the storm.

My family. I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a stepmother, a sister, an aunt, a niece and a cousin. I am lucky that my son and his family live close and that I now have a good relationship with my son.  I'm very grateful that my step family is so wonderful to me. I love them like they are my own children and grandchildren. And as far as my extended family - there aren't many of them left but I cherish all of them. I didn't exactly hit the jackpot in the parent department but I had the best grandparents in the world to make up for it.

Weight loss. I am gratified that I have lost the majority of the weight I needed to and that I am taking better care of myself such as eliminating artificial sweeteners and giving up soft drinks. 

Creativity. Thank God I am creative because I don't know what I would do with myself considering my perpetual state of unemployment.

Wine. I don't think I need to elaborate any further.

The South. I'm glad I'm a southern girl.  

You. I am continually surprised and gratified that I have people all over the world who are interested in my creativity. I am about to reach a year of blogging (more about that later) and I am so very grateful that you have spent some of your valuable time here.

I wish for you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Nancy! It's so true that we should concentrate more on the positive than the negative, makes for a much happier life!
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Nancy! I'm thankful you started this blog so I could continue to enjoy your creativity and also get to know you a bit better.

    ReplyDelete