Saturday, May 14, 2011

As Sweet as Spring

Our neighborhood is slowly getting better from the tornado although there is still a lot of tree debris piled up in front of houses. The city of Hoover has sent trucks out several times to pick up or else it would look a lot worse. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for so many other areas. The utter and complete devastation is mind numbing. I know that we are blessed we were not hurt or that we did not suffer any damage to our home. So many others have lost so much. When I came out of Whole Foods on Friday to a big, black cloud I visibly gulped and eyed it rather nervously. I think everyone in the state of Alabama is going to be doing that for a really long time. Please consider helping any way you can. Here is a page listing the help that you can provide: Alabama Possible. A super easy way to give is to text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to or “GIVE” to 80888 (Salvation Army, my personal favorite) to give a $10 donation. 

I combined two My Favorite Things Pure Innocence stamp sets for this card, Out on a Limb and You're so Tweet. The latter set I received in a fabulous package from Joanne as part of her recent two year blogaversary at ...just A Little Something... It was a huge thrill to open the package just chock full of fabulous My Favorite Things stamps. Thanks again Joanne!

I stamped the P.I. girl from the You're So Tweet set onto Copics X-Press It blending cardstock. I drew in some socks with a Copics Multiliner pen. I also stamped trees from the Out on a Limb set and then cut out with a Spellbinders Nestie. I colored all with Copic Markers and then cut out the P.I. girl with scissors and mounted it to the stamped background piece. I generally followed this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch (MFTWSC19) although I did reduce the number of banners as well as positioning them at the top of the card rather than at the bottom. I used some of the teeny tiny dies from the Notched Tag Die and Stamp set to decorate the banners and also the smallest of the rolled roses Die-namics. the sentiment is from the Out on a Limb set. The patterned paper is old, old, old.


Products: My Favorite Things stamps and Die-namics, PTI cs and ribbon twill, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11, R20;  Hair-E30,E31, E35; Shoes-N1, N5, N7, N9;  Socks-RV00, R81; Dress-BG70, BG72, C00, C1; Bird-YR30, YR31, Y26; Background-E51, E55, E57, G20, G40, G82, BG70 

Thank you for stopping by. I know I have not been posting as much as before. Frankly, it's been hard to concentrate knowing how many of the people of my state and other parts of the south are suffering.

6 comments:

  1. Love this scene you have created! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabulous banner! This is an adorable sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Nancy! Love the changes you made to the sketch and the general softness of the card, so sweet!
    Thanks for the links to help in Alabama's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Nancy! Great 'flip' on the sketch! I know- it's hard to think of things so trivial as cards when there are ppl that lost so much! We have wildfires here in alberta- northern albeta (town of Slave Lake is burning up as we speak)...so much suffering! Praying for all who have lost so much...praying for RAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your card featured on MFT today. Your card is lovely! I adore your coloring, paper choices, and the banner is unique and darling1 :)

    ReplyDelete