Monday, December 17, 2012

Gingerbread Tag

I found this cute gingerbread bag at my local Tar-shay the other day and knew exactly how I wanted to use it. This week's Deconstucted Sketch (DS81) featured a tag so I followed it to create a matching bag tag. I started out by cutting out a tag shape from corrugated cardstock and then created the rosette using the new The Cat's Pajamas Star Rosette, attaching the rosette to the tag with a large brad.  I cut two gingerbread men from different pattern papers using the new Man CutUps from The Cat's Pajamas.The CutUp coordinates perfectly with the Homemade for the Holidays stamp set but it can be used as a stand alone diecut too which is how I used it here. I tied them onto the rosette with Cherry Divine Twine slipping the banner shape underneath them. After placing the gift inside the bag, I folded over the top and punched two holes with a Crop-a-dile. I closed the bag up with American Crafts curling ribbon and attached the tag to the bag by inserting more Cherry Divine Twine through one of the holes and tying in a bow. If this wasn't already mailed out it could easily sit underneath my kitchen tree which also has a bunch of gingerbread figures on it.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Studio Calico and Echo Park dp, Divine Twine

I haven't had much of a chance to get to my craft table the past couple of weeks. This was a great project to do to help keep my mind off the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I simply cannot wrap my brain around it and am constantly tearing up. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache the families have to deal with right now. I realize that it sounds cowardly and selfish but I really had to stop watching the television coverage.  


1 comment:

  1. Ah! Your tag is wonderful. I love the gingerbread dies! So cute! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete