Thursday, December 20, 2018

Santa Paws

is coming to town!


I had a head start on this card as I had colored the images last year but never got around to using them. The images from the Happy Pawlidays set were stamped onto Neenah cardstock, cut out with the matching dies then colored with Copic Markers. To prepare the background I sponged a bit of tumbled glass distress ink onto the card base, then added a strip of metallic gold cardstock and a patterned paper border at the base of the card. I stamped the sentiment onto a stitched double ended flag and after adhering it I added the two stamped images using foam tape for dimension. A few sparkly enamel dots finished it up. I have to say that I have really enjoyed this set as I have quite a few dog lovers on my Christmas card list. I used an MFT sketch from a couple of weeks ago for the layout.

Products: My Favorite Things stamps and dies, Doodlebug dp, Michael's metallic cs, PTI and MFT cs, Doodlebug enamel dots, Ranger and MFT ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Dog-E40, E41, E42, E44, N1, N3; Hat-W00, E81, R20, R22, R24; Collar-B21, B23, B26; Tree-YG11, YG13, YG23, N1, N3; Star-YR31, Y35; Ornament-R20, R22, R24; Lights-B000, B01, YG11, YG23, YR31, Y35, R22, R24


For the second card I stamped the image from Santa & Friends onto Neenah cardstock, cut out with the matching die and colored with Copic markers. I also stamped and colored again cutting it out with the same die and trimming off the side the deer portion so I could add more dimension by stacking with foam tape. Santa is cute but he kinda looks like Mrs. Claus put him on the Keto diet this year! After cutting out a circle in a patterned paper panel, I backed the cutout with a piece that was stamped using the Christmas Background stamp. After attaching to the card base, I attached the stamped image with foam tape. The sentiment was stamped using vermillion ink and I added the small holly and berry images at each end, colored with Copics and attached using foam tape. I used a clear gelly roll pen on Santa's boots and gloves and liquid pearls on the reindeer's nose and the berries on the sentiment piece. A few enamel dots finished it up. I used last week's MFT challenge sketch for the layout.

Products: My Favorite Things stamps and dies, Lawn Fawn dp, Doodlebug enamel dots, Sakura Gelly Roll pen, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Altenew ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Reindeer-W00, W1, W2, W5, E31; Santa-W00, E81, R20, R22, R24, R27, N1, N3, N5

Counting down the hours to the big day. Or big days for us (you too probably). We will spend Saturday in one city, two days in another and then back home late Christmas Eve to spend Christmas day at home.

 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

1 comment:

  1. oh, Oh, OH what fun!!! It's always a fun time to visit your blog!
    =]

    ReplyDelete