Saturday, August 24, 2024

Thinking of You at Christmas

Todays Christmas card was created for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge #32 to feature cute critters. It represents exactly Christmas card #3 for the year. Sad but true. Christmas in July was a total bust and August isn't looking that great either. And while I am confessing my lack of Christmas cheer, I didn't even mail Christmas cards last year. After months of cancer treatments for my husband and the stress that entailed for both of us, I just really didn't feel like it. 


The Penny Black Cuppa images were stamped onto Copic friendly cardstock, cut out with an MFT die and colored with Copic markers. I blended on antique linen distress ink along the edges then secured the image piece to the patterned paper background with a layer of craft foam. Since the main image took up most of the real estate I simply added a preprinted sentiment strip. I wrapped twine around the card front several times, ending in a bow and curling the ends. A heart shaped enamel piece finished it up for hopefully what looks like a masculine style card. 

Products: Penny Black stamp, Simon Says sentiment strip, MFT die, Hemptique twine,  Doodlebug enamel dot, Altenew ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Bear-E50, E51, E53, E55, R01, R02; Hedgehog-E40, E41, E30, E33, R01, R02; Cups-R21, R22, R24, YG01, YG25, YG17

Have a blessed day. 

photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with this Penny Black stamp! So sweet!
    Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! I adore these Penny Black images so much! So great for you to share and join in the "Critter" fun at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete