Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Before I Can Buy Something New...

I have a new rule that I before I can buy a new paper collection I have to use any uncut papers from the last release first.  In these tough economic times it really is the only way I can justify hobby type purchases.  And since I have my eye on some of the new Crate Paper, especially Paper Doll, I rounded up my unused pieces from the Bliss collection released this past summer to create this card.  These papers pair up so well with the fun and whimsical fairy stamp by Sweet November

Today's card is my version of Jen's Sketch For You To Try.  The Sweet November stamp is fairly new and I inked it up for the first time.  As per usual, I stamped the image using Memento ink onto Prism Simply Smooth cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers.  It was a fun departure to color her hair in pinks.  I used a clear Spica pen on the eyes and the fringe on the skirt to add a bit of shine.




Products: Sweet November Stamp, Crate Paper Bliss patterned paper, Ki Memories ribbon, Heidi Swapp jewels, Kaisercraft Pearls, Copic Markers, Spica Glitter pen, Fiskars border punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Spellbinders Nestabilties

Copic Markers: Skin - E00, E02, R20; Hair - R81, R83, R85; Wings, Shoes and Fringe - RV32, RV34, Gossamer Skirt - YG11, YG13, YG17; Eyes - B41; B34

Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment