Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet November Preview Day 1 "Ilyse"

I was thrilled when Amy Young asked me to help with the reveal of her latest Sweet November release available for sale at All That Scraps on January 3. I love all Amy's mythical creatures but you have probably figured that out already if you've read my blog over the past year. Today's card introduces Princess "Ilyse" and, if you like her, come back here everyday for the remainder of the year for even more princess related projects. In addition, the Sweet November Design Team has created some awesome projects so be sure to click on over to Traci Porter and Rachel Schneider along with the talented (and sweet) Sweet November creator Amy Young who is offering a chance for some very generous blog candy.


So let's get started. I stamped the Sweet November image onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers.  I then cut the image out trimming very closely around the edges (sometimes I like the white edging around the image, at other times I don't). I glued the image down onto the background paper in the middle only and then placed pop dots underneath her head and at the bottom of her robes. I included lots of jewels and pearls which are totally fitting for a princess.


Products: Sweet November stamp, Purple Onion Designs sentiment stamps, My Mind's Eye dp and decorative brads, Bo Bunny and Doodlebug jewels, Kaisercraft pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E0000, E00, E02, R11; Hair/Veils-R00, R01, R20, R22; Robe-BG0000, BG10, BG11; Crown-Y11, Y21

I'll be back tomorrow for yet another Sweet November preview. Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy. This is just the perfect Birthday card for someone's little princess. I really love how you have colored her. Sweet! Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely with those sweet pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic card Nancy! I love how you've Ilyse for a fun little girl themed card, so perfect! Your coloring is so dreamy and I love the Ariel red hair you gave her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy! Congrats on being a SN gal...love your card! So girly and sweet! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Princess line. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how she looks like she is the Princess of the Party! (the banners behind her and all of the pretty bling make me think of a party!) Glad you are joining us this month! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice - live your use of gems.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete