I paired up these summery colors with the bunny from the Kick Some Grass stamp set and patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody pad. To add to the whole floral theme, I created a couple of flowers using the Sunflower Rosette CutUps. See below if you want to know how I did them.
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, My Mind's Eye dp, Liquid Pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Bunny-E50, E51, E53, G0000; Flowers/Greenery-Y21, Y23, Y35, R00, R02, R05, R30, R32, BG0000, BG10, BG11; Shadows-G0000
All the details for this TCP Tuesday challenge can be found on Alma’s blog. As always, there is potential for fame (Pick of the Litter) and/or fortune (Pick of the Week) and possibly even Swanky Stamper of the Month. Good luck!
To make the flowers:
1. Die cut the flower using the Sunflower Rosette Cutups, then cut one of the score lines as shown.
2. Apply glue to the back of one of the petals next to the cut line, then carefully align it over the next petal on the other side of the cut line, holding in place until dried. This creates a "cupped" effect. Enlarge the center circle (I used a Crop-a-Dile).
3. Cut a strip of plastic netting from a produce bag (mine is orange because it came from a bag of oranges) and roll up.
4. Insert rolled netting through the hole of the flower as shown. leaving enough in the front to represent a flower center.
5. Trim the netting at the back. When applying the flower to a project, apply the glue and spread out the netting. Hold in place until dried.
Here are several completed flowers:
And here are the two used on my card today:
My sale page (price reductions).