Monday, September 2, 2013

C.C. Designs Preview - Fall

Are you having a happy Labor Day weekend? Our day will be very low key. We plan on grilling out and just enjoying a nice leisurely day. I am actually always a bit melancholy as Labor Day represents to me the unofficial end of summer. I'm not ready for it to end although I do love fall.

And speaking of fall, welcome to the first day of the C.C. Designs Rubber Designs September stamp release! We are trying something a bit different this month. Rather than previewing by collection we are doing them by theme. Today the Design Team members are featuring the new stamps with an "autumn" theme.

My card features a stamp from one of the newer collections, Monkey Feet. It is simply called Turkey. I went back to a coloring medium that I thought I had abandoned, Prismacolor Pencils. I realize now why I gave them up as they are much harder to work with than Copics. I took me a long time to color up this one small image. It didn't help that apparently when I stopped using them I threw away my color combo cheat sheet so there was a lot of trying out colors on scrap paper. You will have to let me know what you think of the results. I combined this bad boy up with papers from the W R Memory Keepers Happy Campers pad. The sentiment was computer generated and printed onto a piece cut with the new Grunge Envelope Cutters.


Products: C.C. Designs stamp and Cutters, W R Memory Keepers dp,  PTI buttons, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Memento and Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Prismacolor Pencils

This stamp along with the other September stamps and dies will be available for purchase at the C.C. Designs store Thursday, September 5 at 9am EDT.


My Sale Page.


4 comments:

  1. Great coloring job with the Prismacolors, this Tom Turkey looks ready for a Thanksgiving day protest, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...great sentiment! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete