TCP Tuesday for September is in full swing. Remember that even though it is a monthly challenge, you can enter as many times as you want. This month's challenge is to use paper piecing on your project.
I love paper piecing especially when it is mixed in with Copic coloring. It can add such a nice touch to a card. I shared today's project at the new release Pajama party over on Splitcoaststampers so I thought it was about time to make an appearance here at Creative Palette.
Using the new One Cupcake stamp set, I paper pieced the cupcake holder portion and then colored the rest of the image with Copic markers. Afterwards I fussy cut it out and attached to the card with a bit of glue and pop dots behind those big floppy ears. I created the border by using one of the dies from the Toppers CutUps cutting twice from two colors of cardstock and then stamping the sentiment onto it. LOVE the new Bitty Banners CutUps so I couldn't resist using them to add to the festive birthday look. Lastly, I added a bit of bling on the banner and border. The patterned papers came from my old My Mind's Eye Lime Twist pads and also from the Doodlebug Boys Only pad.
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, My Mind's Eye and Doodlebug dp, Copic Markers
Copics: Bunny-W00, E81, E50, E51 E53; Cupcake-W00, E81, YR12, YR18
Here are the details to the challenge:
- The first Tuesday of the month Alma will post a challenge on the Dancing in Pajamas blog. The challenge will also be posted on the TCP Splitcoaststampers forum and on the TCP Facebook page.
- If you want to play along you just upload your design right on the Dancing in Pajamas blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around). If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers use keyword TCPTUESSEP13.
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog.