Friday, September 26, 2014

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peeks} Brains!


It's Day 5 of The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peeks! Have you liked what you've seen so far?! Today we are debuting the new Brains! set.

I have several things to show you today as I put together a Halloween cookie baking set as a gift for my granddaughters. Amelia is a baby so she won't be cooking any time soon but six year old Clara loves helping in the kitchen so I think she will love a cookie baking session.



First up, I made a belly band for the cookie cutters (from Sur la Table) using the Brains! set as the centerpiece. I used the matching (and free!) Cutables Brains! set in my Silhouette to cut out the mummy. After stamping the image onto the cut out I colored with Copic Markers. After attaching the image onto the circle cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities, I also added a star cut with the 3x3 Stars CutUps and a couple of buttons.  The sentiment (how cute is that?) was stamped onto a piece cut with a die from the Fancy Flip CutUps.



For the spatula (from Sur la Table), I combined the image from the Eat, Drink and Be Scary set debuted on Wednesday with the new PopUp Treat Cutables that I cut with a Silhouette. I resized to fit my Portrait Silhouette but also made a couple of more changes since I wanted to use it for the Halloween themed mini spatula rather than candy. I added an extra cut to the bottom of the treat card so I could insert the spatula through it. I also had to forgo the "pop up" part due to the fact that I couldn't get any type of adhesive to stick to the mini spatula so it's more of a paintbrush style cover. I attached "Frank" with dimensional dots and then stamped the sentiment onto a piece cut with a die from the Fancy Flip CutUps (same as the first project) and slipped underneath Frank. For the inside, I added the table and candelabra. Lastly I tied a bow around the spatula handle.



For the gift bag containing the icing tube, I started out by cutting a stencil using the Dots CutUps and the new Stencil Blanks. I inserted a piece of card stock inside the 4x6 Cotton Muslin Drawstring Bag so ink would not bleed through to the back side, laid the stencil over the front and inked the open circles with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade) using the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool.


I then stamped the sentiment in black ink. I wrapped the tube of icing in black tulle with a portion of it sticking out of the top. After cinching the bag with a bit of ribbon and button, I added a small felt ghost from my scrap book stash at the top. Easy and fun! I can't wait to do a few Christmas versions!


If you come by the Pajama Party at Splitcoaststampers on Monday night, I will be showing another gift set. See the specifics about the party below.


Cookie Cutters Wrap:
The Cat's Pajamas stamps, CutUps and Cutables, My Mind's Eye dp, DCWV and MFT cs, PTI button, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: E0000, E000, E11, W00, E81, E99

Spatula Cover:
The Cat's Pajamas stamps, dies and Cutables, Ki Memories dp and ribbon, DCWV cs, PTI button, Copic MarkersCopics: Skin-YG0000, YG11, YG13; Hair/Shoes-N1, N3, N5, N7; Shirt-B0000, B000, BG10, BG11; Pants-C00, C1, C3, C5, C7; Tablecloth-W00, E81; Candelabra-N1, N3, N5, YR01, YR14, Y13

Muslin Gift Bag:
The Cat's Pajamas stamp, CutUps, Muslin bag and Stencil Sheet; Making Memories felt ghost, PTI button, Tim Holtz and Simon Says ink

Here are some details you need to know:

1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, September 30.



2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.



3. Save the date for the Pajama Party on Monday, September 29 from 8-10pm EDT.



Here are the other Cat Pack participants:  KelliWendy, Lisa, Julie, Christine 

And here are the new products I used today:




My Sale Page.


2 comments:

  1. Nancy - this set is AMAZING! You put so much into it and it really shows. Your granddaughter(s) will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP! Great set with these ones!

    ReplyDelete