Sunday, October 12, 2014

Don't Let Anything Dull Your Sparkle

Today's card is pulling double duty today as I used the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge (FMS157) for the layout as well at the Hope You Can Cling To (Teddy Bear for My Sister) Challenge (HYCCT1406) going over at Splitcoaststampers. Splitcoaststampers has paired up with the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for a month long card drive benefiting those affected by breast cancer.

I colored up the image from The Cat's Pajamas Catch My Drift set with Copic Markers and then fussy cut out. I prepared the background by using Dots CutUps to emboss the dots rather than cut them. I combined patterned papers from the Doodlebug Kraft in Color pad for the image panel, stamping the sentiment from the Rise and Shine set on a card stock strip. I cut the cloud using the Cloud Border and the stars from the 3x3 Stars CutUps and then covered them with Ranger Frosted Lace and Yellow Stickles.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Doodlebug dp and sequins, PTI cs, Ranger SticklesCopic Markers
Copics: Bear-E50, E51, E53, W00, E81, R0000, R81; Balloons-BG0000, BG000, BG10, BG11, R0000, R81, R83, Y0000, Y11, Y13, YR31, YR0000, YR01, YR12

I hope your Sunday has been full of blessings.


My Sale Page.

4 comments:

  1. Great combination of elements for the challenge! The bear is adorable and those patterned papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable card! I love the embossed background and the fun sparkly cloud and star!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card! I love the mix of colors and I adore all of the polka dots. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been back 3 times to look at your card Nancy and every time it makes me smile! I adore the image you've used and that sentiment is the perfect match for your hanging bear. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete