It's time for another TCP Tuesday at The Cat's Pajamas and our newest kitty cat Deborah is our hostess for this rotation with a color challenge. The challenge runs for two weeks and The Cat’s Pajamas stamps are not required. See full details at the end of this post.
I used the watercolor on acetate smooshing technique using three different colors of Distress inks, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw along with MFT Sour Apple onto Ranger Watercolor paper. After it was dry, I cut a portion of it and stamped the branch from the Nesting set onto it using Dark Chocolate ink. I also stamped the nest from the same set onto Neenah white cardstock and then fussy cut out, adding a bit of the yellow and green inks onto to it. The eggs were colored with Copic markers, fussy cut out and adhered to the nest. I cut the frame from white cardstock using Stitched Fly die twice, glued them together and then layered it onto the watercolor piece. After adhering the nest with foam tape, the bird from Take Flight set was stamped with Blue Danube and then again with Berrylicous inks and cut out with the matching die from the Bird Friends set. I softened up the yellow patterned paper background with torn vellum and then attached the image piece to it.
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and dies, Papertrey Ink dp and cs, Ranger Watercolor cs and inks, MFT and Simon Says inks, Copic markers
Copics: B41, B32, B34
Here are the details:
- Every other Tuesday a new challenge will be posted on The Cat's Pajamas blog as well as on our Facebook page.
- If you want to play along you just upload your design The Cat's Pajamas blog page using the InLinkz button below. If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers or other message board use keyword TCPTUES292. Only the entries uploaded to the Inlinkz button will be considered for Swanky Stamper at the end of the month.
- You must have your project posted by the Monday, 11:55 EDT before the next challenge to be eligible to win the Cat Cash.
- Cards and projects are not required to use a Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die but if you do the Cat Cash amount increases.
- On the following TCP Tuesday, the week's winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $10.00 or $15 if a TCP product is used.
- At the end of the month, The Swanky Stamper will be selected from all the weekly entries. The Swanky Stamper will receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig and a snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The Swanky Stamper will be announced the First Monday of the month on our Facebook page and The Cat's Pajamas blog.