Monday, August 3, 2015

Praying for You

Good morning. I have another faith based card today for the Viva la Verve July Week 5 sketch.


When I first saw this sketch I was concerned about how to break it down to the simplest form in order to match up with my more clean and simple style. After staring at the sketch for a while I remembered that I had a stitch die in the Paper Smooches Stitched set. I embossed the straight stitch across a white textured panel mimicking the background strips. I like the effect so you may be seeing it again! I then cut a circle from Berrylicious cardstock using a Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mat die, stamped the sentiment from the Verve Floral Notes set with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I stamped the smallest poppy image from the Floral Notes set onto Copics X-Press It cardstock and then cut it out with the matching die from the Floral Notes Die Set. After coloring with Copics, I attached to the edge of sentiment circle. I added some fake splatters to the background piece using stamps from the MFT Abstract Art set using Orange Zest ink which I stamped off once before stamping on the background. The sentiment circle and floral piece were attached with craft foam. With this card I have completed all five Viva la Verve sketches this month.

Products: Verve stamps and die, PTI, MFT and Bazzill cs, MFT stamps, Paper Smooches die, Lil Inker Designs die, Versamark and PTI inks, Copic Markers
Copics: YR0000, YR01, YR14, YG0000, YG01, YG03

I got some great news from a doctors visit on Friday so I'm hoping for a good week. I wish the same for you.






3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Nancy! Love the stitching accents and the gorgeous color combo. Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy! This idea is wonderful! I would buy paper like that! ;0 Fantastic submission!

    ReplyDelete