Thursday, August 20, 2015

Where Flowers Bloom and a Sale {Purple Onion Designs}



It's the 12th Anniversary of  Purple Onion Designs and Michele is celebrating with a sale. The discounted prices will appear as soon as you add the items to your cart.



Using Versafine Onyx Black ink I stamped the flower from the Mixed Middles Flower set onto three pieces of Ranger Watercolor paper and then stamped each with a sentiment from the Flower Quotes set. I stamped the "middle" directly onto the flower center for the center card and then stamped separately for the left and right cards, using a different middle stamp for each. I heat embossed the images as well as the sentiments with clear embossing powder. After coloring the images with Zig Clean Color Real brushes, I fussy cut out the two middles, attaching to the left card with glue and the right one with foam dots. The card fronts were attached with craft foam and then I added a few sequins to each as the only embellishments. This was my first time using the Zig brushes. I like them but I think it's going to take some time to master the technique.

Here are the individual photos:




Products; Purple Onion Designs stamps, Ranger Watercolor paper, PTI cs, Doodlebug sequins, Versafine ink, Zip Clean Color 
Zigs: Yellow, Violet, Mid-Green (top); Carmine Red, Orange, Olive Green (center); Light Pink, Pink, Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green (bottom)

 As always, please check out the Purple Onion Designs blog for more inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment