Friday, December 1, 2017

A Magical Holiday Season

Here it is December 1 and I am unprepared for it. I have done a bit of shopping but not nearly enough. I have my Christmas tree up but not much more decorating in the house. We haven't even started on the outside decorations. And of course I am here still churning out Christmas cards that I had hoped to get mailed out the first week of December (not going to happen).



Today's cards feature a stamp set I have had a few weeks but not used yet. I remedied this yesterday by making three cards. I will share the other two at a later date. After stamping the tree from the Flora & Fauna Winter Woodland set eight time across a smoke cardstock piece using Versamark ink, I white heat embossed. I cut the stamped piece with a stitched die, stamped the sentiment using black ink and then wrapped gold thread around it several times ending in a bow. A few silver glitter enamel dot finished it up.

Products: Flora & Fauna stamps, Simon Says and PTI cs, Doodlebug enamel dots, Simon Says and Versamark ink

I am submitting this to the current Color Throwdown #471 Challenge to use black, gray, gold and white.


And also to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge which is anything goes. 


Have a great weekend!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't finished all of your Christmas card yet, despite your head-start from your Chrismas in July series. This is going to be the first year EVER that I will be able to send out my card in the first week of December, provided I get the address labels and envelopes sorted out. And of course I have to decide which card I'm going to send to which person(s). I have lost count of the number of cards I made throughout the year, but I know I have created more than I need. I'm about to call a friend who would like me to sell some at a local Christmas market, where the proceeds go to a different charity each year. Love your card BTW. The gold thread is a perfect finish to your CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has plucked my heart-strings in a big way, Nancy!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Nancy! Love that light smoky grey and the embossed detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card. Love it. Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete