Wednesday, September 22, 2021

{The Cat's Pajamas} Back 2 School

The school year is in full swing whether students are attending in person, zooming or home schooling. I have a sweet family member who is an elementary school teacher. So after seeing how beautifully she decorated her classroom this year I decided to surprise her with a school themed card in a box. 

I used the new Back 2 School Card in a Box Cutables to cut from gray, white, black, gold, yellow, pink and aqua cardstock and a bit of patterned paper for the shrubbery using my Silhouette Cameo 3. The results are a lot of pieces! As Alma notes in the how to video, a Xyron X is very helpful so that you already have the glue on each piece and it also helps to corral the smaller pieces.

To reduce your cutting time, I recommend planning ahead and listing your colors for each of the parts. 


You will note that I left off the "writing" on the book and school name so I could personalize for my recipient. 


This was fun to make and the recipients are always amazed when they open the envelope containing a card in a box. 

photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

No comments:

Post a Comment