Saturday, September 28, 2024

A Little Pink A Little Blue

Today's faith based cards were created for Grace Klein here in Birmingham (@grace_klein_community). This is a wonderful faith based organization that has many charitable endeavors both locally and globally. Their goal is to give out 100,000 scripture based cards this year to be included with the food, clothing and school supply boxes, etc. They want cards in bundles of 25 which is daunting to our kind of card makers but my goal is to donate 100 cards by the end of the year. If you have any questions or want to join me, please send me an email or comment on this post and I will give you the details.

The Color Hues Challenge #95 gave me the perfect excuse to break open the pinks and blues from the last The Stamp Market color release. I really needed something to take my mind off things, so I spend the afternoon in a pink and blue crafty haze. 


I used the cerulean, soft berry, tea berry and white cardstock combined with the Papertrey Ink Delightful Brackets die. The sentiment from the Stamp Simply Fear Not set was stamped using cerulean ink. I used dies from the Penny Black Flower Family set to cut from tea berry and soft berry cardstock adding white flat back pearls for the centers. 

After cutting out the bracket die for the previous card I thought it resulted in a great frame so I attached it to a powder blue panel.  I used the small die from the same set to stamp the sentiment from the Stamp Simply Words of Encouragement using cerulean ink. A trio of flowers with stems trimmed off were cut from tea berry cardstock to anchor the sentiment piece. 

For the last card, after cutting the three flowers from white cardstock, I attached to a cerulean cardstock panel. I inked the centers using tea berry and soft berry ink and added pink flat back pearls. The sentiment from the set was stamped using tea berry ink onto a small piece cut with the smallest die from The Greetery Nordic Circles set and attached with foam dimensionals. 

These cards represent #33-35 and are part of my second bundle of 25. 

I am also submitting these to the Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes - Weeks #667-668

photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

No comments:

Post a Comment