I didn't have time to make a card for the March 30 The Cat's Pajamas challenge (TCPTUES152) which was to make a shaped card (anything other than a square or rectangle) on the week it was posted. I saw a cute tutorial on the October Afternoon blog to make a butterfly card using PSE so I decided to try it for this challenge. Although the instructions were clear apparently my PSE version was different so I had to fumble my way around to get the butterfly created and printed. After I made the card base, I then stamped The Cat's Pajamas TuTu bunny onto Copics X-Press It blending cardstock and cut it out. I stamped the sentiment (which came from another TCP set) directly onto the Martha Stewart doily and then placed all the elements around it. Fun and easy.
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps, Cosmo Cricket dp, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Making Memories stickpins, Kaisercraft pearls, Martha Stewart paper doily, Copic Markers
Copics: E40, E41, E42, Y0000, Y11, Y15
We've been busy around here - a good kind of busy. I need big projects like this to keep my mind off my troubles. The front bed along our driveway has been needing some updating for a while now. It contained three boxwoods and two azaleas but the boxwoods had long ago taken over most of the space and was smothering out the azaleas. In a last ditch effort to save them we did some major trimming of the boxwoods last fall but it was obvious this spring that it didn't help that much. So we decided to just rip everything out and start over. It was a lot of work as the boxwoods were huge and were deeply rooted. We pulled them up by wrapping a tow chain around each of them and hitching to the 4 Runner. Some roots were still left after we pulled them out so we had to do quite a bit of digging to get rid of the worst of them. We really wanted color and it came down between Knockout Roses or Azaleas. We chose the latter as they are a southern tradition plus after the gorgeous spring blooms the bush itself is a nice evergreen. We decided to plant only three to give them plenty of room to grown. After the blooms are gone I plan on planting some annuals in the front to help disguise the drainage pipe and add even more color.
Thanks for stopping by.