Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just a Note {TCP Tuesday 181 - Inspiration}

It's a TCP Tuesday project today (TCPTUES 181). Jen is our hostess this week with an inspiration type challenge. Inspiration challenges are my very favorite but I have to say this one really got me out of my comfort zone! I guess that is what challenges are for though, right?

I started out by stamping, coloring and cutting one of the three amigos from the Hola Tequila set. I stamped the musical swirl directly to the panel and the the sentiment onto the smallest label from the Circus Panels CutUps. Both stamps are from The Tweetest Things set. I clustered several elements including the Big Ticket diecut, musical note diecut from the Home Tweet Home CutUps and the film strip ribbon and then layered over it with a rosette in which the stamped image and heart diecuts were attached. I finished it off with the sentiment label. Despite the fact that I used two stamp sets and five CutUps I tried not to make it look too busy.



Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park and Basic Grey dp, Tim Holtz Film Strip ribbon, Copic markers

Copics: C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, YR12, YR16, YR18, R22, R24, R27

All the details for this TCP Tuesday 181 challenge can be found on Alma’s blog. As always, there is potential for fame (Pick of the Litter) and/or fortune (Pick of the Week). Good luck!


1 comment:

  1. It's awesome, Nancy I love how you've used the inspiration photo! The pop of orange with the red & black is very cool looking and I love how your elements are clustered but don't feel like it! And the penguin is such a cutie!
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete