Monday, August 12, 2013

be YOU tiful (August Sketch for You To Try)

Well hello there! I can't believe it's the middle of  August already. Is it just me or has the summer just flown by? I think part of the reason is that we've had an unusually cool and wet summer season. Normally the days drag by when the temps are in the high 90's and lots of times in the 100's, drought conditions, etc. Not so this year.

Now for today's card. I generally followed the August Sketch for You to Try(#3) for the layout and used one of my very favorite color combinations. The large main image panel invited all sorts of possibilities and after tossing aside a few ideas for it I pulled out a butterfly shaped Jenni Bowlin journaling card from my scrapping days. Yeah, it's old! The Cosmo Cricket and My Mind's Eye patterned paper have been in my stash a while too. But hey, I did manage to use some of my newer stamps from Reverse Confetti. I stamped the sentiment from the Peacock Pretties set onto the butterfly with Memento Tuxedo Black. I then stamped another sentiment from the same set with CTMH Green Leaf and cut out and matted with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I stamped the fishtail tag from the Arrows 'n Elements set, cut out and inserted in between the stamped sentiment and mat. Another fishtail flag was stamped with the Whole Lotta Dots set. Some bling on the butterfly wings and in other random spots as well as some sequins completed the look.


Products: Reverse Confetti stamps, Cosmo Cricket and My Mind's Eye dp, Jenni Bowlin journaling card, Heidi Swapp jewels, Kaisercraft jewels, Spellbinders Nestabilities,  CTMH and Memento inks

I hope all is right in your world. Thanks for stopping by.


My sale page.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing card! Love the butterfly! Neat take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! ohmygosh...that butterfly is so striking!

    ReplyDelete