Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peace on Earth

We are having the strangest weather here - the high for the past several days has been a very pleasant 78. It actually feels a bit like early fall. It won't last but I am enjoying it while it's here.

Today's card is for week 1 of the August Verve challenges (VLVAug2013) although I tweaked the sketch a bit. I wanted to make another  Christmas card so I went in search of some uninked Verve goodness and found the Verve Peace On Earth set in a box where I have segregated my Christmas stamps and 6x6 pads. I stamped the verse with Memento Paris Dusk ink onto paper from the new Teresa Collins Santa's List pad, cutting out and matting with a Spellbinders Nestie. I stamped the tree with Fresh Ink (birch) using Papertrey Ink's In the Meadow set and cut out with the matching die, then adding the Making Memories cardinal brad. I set everything against the starry paper from October Afternoon and added more paper from the Santa's List pad for the background.



Products: Verve stamp, Papertrey Ink stamp, die and buttons, Teresa Collins and October Afternoon dp, Making Memories brad, Fresh Ink, Memento ink, ,Spellbinders Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Sunday.

My Sale Page.

2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL Nancy! LOVE the papers and dies you used on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Funny but I think the humidity is back today. Dh just remarked on it. Oh well...I LOVE summer, and will be sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete