Monday, February 8, 2016

You are in My Prayers

Good morning. I hope you had a great weekend. We had a nice relaxing one and of course watched the Super Bowl last night. I am not necessarily a Broncos fan but I am very happy for Peyton Manning. Now onto today's card created for the March Paper Smooches Guest Designer search.


I first prepared the background by messy  water coloring using Ranger (Tumbled Glass) Distress ink onto Ranger water color cardstock  which was then cut out with a stitched rectangle die. While the background dried, I stamped the the bird, wreath, leaves and two leafy branches from the Natural Beauties set. The images were cut out with the matching Natural Beauties Icons dies and then colored with Copic Markers. The sentiments from the Spiritual Sampler set were stamped directly onto the background. The images were attached using a combination of glue and foam tape for a dimensional look. I cut a cross from gold mirrored cardstock using one of the dies from the Crosses die set and slipped it underneath the images, adding a few sequins to finish it up.

Products: Paper Smooches stamps and dies, Ranger water color cs, PTI cs, Doodlebug and Lawn Fawn sequins, Ranger Distress ink, MFT die, Memento ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Bird-Y0000, Y21, Y23, y35, Y38; Wreath-E30, E31, E33; Leaves-YG0000, YG11, YG13; Leaves and Wreath Background-B0000, B000, B01

Thank you for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Nancy! Love that watercolored background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this sweet birdie in a wreath against the soft blue watercolored BG! This really caught my eye in my bloglovin feed!

    ReplyDelete