Friday, January 29, 2016

Sending Smiles {Purple Onion Designs}

Since I haven't had much of a creative spark I've been spending some time in my kitchen decluttering and reorganizing instead. So there is some good coming out of a lack of mojo! I do manage to get to my craft table occasionally and today's card is one of them.


I stamped Flora (an owl) and Toadstool Cluster onto a circle panel and then used a Copic Multiliner pen connect the two images to create a forest floor. Even those these were winter images I decided to make them more early spring by adding a mossy ground. After coloring the scene with Copic Markers I prepared the background by cutting white textured cardstock with a die from the Simon Says Wavy Scallop Stitches set and stamping the sentiment from the Love Bug Sentiment set using Blue Jay ink. I slipped patterned paper from an older My Mind's Eye pad
underneath the cardstock to complete the background and then attached the image using a layer of craft foam. A couple of enamel dots finished it up.

Products: Purple Onion Designs stamps, My Mind's Eye dp, PTI and Bazzill cs, Doodlebug enamel dots, MFT die, Memento ink, Simon Says die and ink,  Copic Markers
Copics: Owl-C00, C1, C3, C5, W00, E81, YR30, YR31, Y35, B41, B32, B34; Stump-E30, E31, E33, E57; Toadstools-R20, R22, R24, E50, E51, E53; Moss-YG0000, YG91, YG93; Shadows-BG70, BG0000, BG000


See the Purple Onion Designs blog for more inspiration. Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Lovely!!. I follow you long time ago (I'm lucky to trade with you one ATC)and I always admire your work!. Thanks!!. This one is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete