Friday, January 8, 2016

Shine On....

...you crazy diamond.  If you are a Pink Floyd fan you will know that song. And my son is a fan, even though they are my era and not his.

When I told you on Christmas Eve that I was taking a week or two off from the blog, I had no idea that it would be the 8th of January before I posted again. It's not that I haven't been crafting. I have. I've been working on The Cat's Pajamas release which I can't show you until Tuesday. It's totally worth the wait. Just sayin'.


Back to Pink Floyd....this card was created for my son's December birthday using images from the WPlus9 Sparkle & Shine set. So yeah, this isn't a new creation so I am still a slacker. I started out by stamping the various gem images directly onto Ranger Watercolor cardstock using Versamark ink which was clear embossed. I then water colored the background with Blueberry Sky ink. I cut a few more gems cut with the matching Sparkle & Shine Companion dies and then watercolored all the gem images with Zig Watercolor Brushes. I cut the word from gold mirrored cardstock and a few layers of plain white cardstock using a die from the Sparkle & Shine Trio set, stacking them together dimension. I collaged the word die and gem images together adding a few metallic sequins, then the panel was matted onto Blueberry Sky cardstock.


I finished the inside with a computer generated sentiment along with a PTI stamped sentiment both topped with a 'diamond.'

Products: WPlus9 Stamps and dies, Ranger Watercolor cs, PTI cs and ink, Michael's mirrored cs, Zig Clean Color Brushes

I promise to have something newly created Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card! I think I need this stamp and die set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Nancy, and yes, now I have Pink Floyd's Shine On stuck in my head and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete