Friday, November 1, 2013

Christ the Savior is Born

October was such a busy month for me that I just could not find the time to participate in the Verve sketch challenges. Instead I decided to take October Diva Dare challenge to make a tag based project. Easy enough as I love tags. Unfortunately, it was very dark and gloomy when I took these photos so they are a little too dark.



I started out by stamping the sentiment and the cross from the Verve Peace on Earth set with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I fussy cut the image and cut out the sentiment with a small Nestie. I cut another cross from patterned paper using the Verve Cross Die set. After wrapping it with gold thread I layered the stamped cross on top of it. After hand cutting the tag I attached the cross set to it and topped it off with a ribbon bow anchored with a Jenni Bowlin button from my scrapbook stash. I combined papers from last year's My Mind's Eye Merry and Bright pad and the new Basic Grey 25th and Pine. I wanted the design to be simple so the meaningful sentiment and symbol would be center stage.



Products: Verve stamps and die, Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye dp, Jenni Bowlin button, May Arts ribbon, Versamark ink

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cross. Love how you layered it. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete