Monday, November 18, 2013

What Happens Under the Mistletoe


Today's card represents a two for one challenge going on over at Curtain Call and CAS-ual Fridays (CFC120) using the inspiration piece pictured here.

I started out by cutting a tag with a PTI die from patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Peace Love Joy pad. After adding the ribbon folded over at the top, I attached the mistletoe die cut cut with the C.C. Designs Mistletoe Cutters using sequins to represent the berries. The sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas Merry Everything set and was stamped with Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz ink onto a sentiment strip cut with the Reverse Confetti Tag Me die set. I layered it across the bottom of the tag and anchored with a button/sequin combo. A strip of my favorite American Crafts glittery paper and some layered sequins completed the festive look.



Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp, Lawn Fawn dp, American Crafts dp,  C.C. Designs Cutters,  May Arts ribbon, PTI die and buttons, Reverse Confetti die, Darice sequins, Stampin' Up ink

I think I might make a masculine version of this too.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy! I so hear you about wanting to stalk the mailman.
    Oh my gosh this is one beautiful tag….. Oh it's so much more! I love the sequins on the patterned paper leaves ! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment on my 'From our home to yours' card...it was really sweet of you!!

    As for your card hunni...its absolutely stunning and loving the sequins :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun-tastic card Nancy! I just love your chosen color scheme, that tag and your pretty embellishments! That silver strip creates a perfect balance to it all! How very inspiring you are! TFS and thanks for having a super cool blog that I am your newest follower of! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use sequins as the mistletoe berries! This is such a fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mistletoe and sequins!! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you stitch on the sequins?!? OH MY STARS!! This is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Blog!

    Jessica Kephart
    www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh I love this cute design! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy, as you can see I am playing catch up on some much needed blogging time. lol... I just had to tell you that I love this card. What first caught my attention was the sequins that you have used as your berries. I love this look! I have yet to get any sequins as I am on a self imposed spending freeze and the ones at our dollar tree are just so lacking in pretty that I won't even go there, lol... Anyway, these are just beautiful and I would love to know where you got them from. So, once I read your post and took a second look at your card I just could not help but have a huge grin on my face. I was laughing to myself and my DH had to come in and see what was so funny. I just love the play on that saying for this card and I would love to see how you are going to make this look masculine. :O) Really, this is by far my favorite Christmas card so far this year. Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete