Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry and Bright

Today's card is for the December Reverse Confetti Color Challenge which is Red, Pink and Lime. Such fun colors that are right up my alley!


I started out by cutting the larger tag using the Reverse Confetti  Tag Me set from lime green patterned paper and and then just cut the bottom portion from the hot pink patterned paper layering it over the large green, shifting it down a bit to make the tag larger. I stamped the words from the Bring on the Merry stamp set onto red cardstock using white Stampin' Up ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I notched the left side of the stamped piece with a small circle Nestie and then wrapped silver trim around it and secured it with a button and bow. I topped the large tag with a small piece of ribbon and another button and bow combo. After attaching the tag to the card base I used the smaller tag die to cut only the lower portion of the same lime green paper and then slipped it underneath the large tag. A couple of sequins finished it up.



Products: Reverse Confetti stamps and dies, Carta Bella and My Mind's Eye dp, PTI cs and buttons, Paper Source metallic trim, Cuttlebug Embossing folder

I have officially completed my Christmas shopping and they are all wrapped. I still don't have tags on them (I just wrote the name on the back of the package for now). Not sure if I'm going to have time to make handmade ones like I wanted to do. The last of the Christmas cards are going out today - I was a lot later with them than I have been in the past. I have a package going out that probably won't make it on time. I need to get my holiday meal plans together and get to the grocery store. A good house cleaning is in order too. I have a DT release to work on that's due at the end of the year but I haven't even started. Sensing a trend? I'm just not together this holiday. I think the physical therapy trips, the constant back pain and a trip to the doctor that I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour before I saw her has just completely messed up my inner Martha Stewart. I did get two cortizone shots in my SI joints on Wednesday which were painful but not unbearable on Wednesday. They haven't seemed to have kicked in yet though. I'm trying to remain hopeful.


My sale page (new items).

 

6 comments:

  1. Love the layout and colors of this card Nancy, so pretty! I feel like I'm still running behind this holiday season too, the days have just been slipping away and now Christmas is almost here... yikes! Take care of yourself and I hope the back pain gets better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Nancy! I love what you've done, so bold and cheerful! Hope you're having a great holiday season so far. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love everything about your fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!K busy season, huh!! I feel like I have been busy for months! Hoping the shots kick in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun card!! I love the bright Christmasy colors and your layering of all the pieces is just fantastic! Have a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! yes, I love this. that giant ticket piece with the twine and the fun RC stamps....great card, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete