Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Black, Yellow and White All Over

A full week of The Cat's Pajamas sneak peeks are over and all the new products are in the store now. I had a few cards left over that I shared at The Pajama Party on Monday that I wanted to share here too. By the way, future Pajama Party activities will take place on The Cat's Pajamas Facebook Page.


We'd love to see what you create with your TCP stamps and you can do that through our Spring Blog Hop. This is in addition to our TCP Tuesday Challenges. All you have to do is create a project featuring TCP stamps and linking it up on the The Cat's Pajama blog. You can find the widget in the blog's right sidebar. You have a whole month to participate and the winner will receive a generous $50 TCP gift voucher.



I've been wanting a Black and Yellow paper pad for a while and when I saw the KaiserCraft Shine Bright pad I knew it was the perfect one. The addition of gray put it over the top for me. It seemed natural to pair it with the new Patterned Petals set. You can tell from the picture pile above that I made three cards using the same color scheme.



I stamped one of the large flowers onto Harvest Gold cardstock using Daffodil Delight ink for a tone on tone affect. I then cut it out with the matching die from the Petal Posies CutUps set. I attached it to the background panel decorated with a simple strip of patterned paper at the top, using dimensional tape. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel and then added a couple of small flowers cut with the smallest die from the 5 Petal Posies CutUps set. 


You will notice that the layout is the same as the first card as well as they both have the tone on tone stamping. I used a different large flower from the set and cut it with the matching die from the 5 Petal Posies CutUps set. I mixed it up a little by using a stencil and Ranger Pumice Stone distress ink to create some background interest. 


For this one I cut out the tag from the background and inserted black cardstock underneath the panel. I added a couple of strips of patterned paper to the side and then attached the tag with dimensional tape. To make the tag I first used the largest flower from the Lacy Petal Posies to emboss the tag base, then stamped the sentiment onto it. I added another tone on tone flower cut with the matching die from the Petal Posies CutUps and another cut from plain cardstock from the same set. I am entering this card in the current Tag You're It Challenge (#17)

Of course all the flowers had to be topped with the various patterned centers.

Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and dies, Kaisercraft dp, Bazzill, Neenah and PTI cs, Doodlebug enamel dots, Hemptique twine, Simon Says ink and stencil, Ranger Distress and Stampin' Up inks


So, don't forget about the Spring Blog Hop. You have a whole month to create something for it and a $50 gc would go a long way toward some fun new TCP stamps. 






4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm in love. Love the colors, the papers, the stamps and dies, the embossing, love every perfect bit! And, love that your name is 'Nancy'! Thanks for playing along at the Tag You're It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome, love that colorcombo and great stamps and dies. Thank you for joining us over at TAG you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow, really pops! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete