Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Old Rugged Cross

I am interrupting TCP Sneak Peeks with today's card which is the first of several Easter cards I hope to get completed. My plans are to do both faith based and Easter bunny type cards. I am combining this with the current Color Throwdown Challenge (ctd333).


I started out by using the Taylored Expressions Stained Glass Cross Cutting Plate to cut the front from white cardstock and then matted it onto a green cardstock piece. I used the cutting plate two more times in order to cut the "stained glass" pieces, once from lilac and then the same green cardstock as the mat. I assembled the various stained glass pieces and then glued then down when I was satisfied with the arrangement of colors. This was in intensive process but  I was happy with the results. I used the largest cross die from the Old Rugged Cross die set to cut another cross from textured white cardstock and then centered it over the cross on the cover plate diecut, attaching with dimensional dots. I cut the draped cloth from the same die set from dark purple cardstock and attached to the cross.


I decorated the inside using a sentiment from the He is Risen set stamped onto a circle cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I used one of the smaller crosses from the Old Rugged Cross die set to cut an insert on the circle as well as one from lilac cardstock. I layered the crosses and then attached the circle to a rectangle cut with purple cardstock.

Products: Taylored Expressions Stamp and Dies, Bazzill, PTI and Stampin' Up cs, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Simon Says ink

Have a great rest of the weekend!




My Sale Page.


5 comments:

  1. VERY nice Nancy. Love the stained glass look. Impressive inside as well. Could be used either side. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mosaic with the cross! Gorgeous! This for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that mosaic background is stunning paired with the cross die! So glad to see you in the throwdown gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Nancy. Love the white cross and the mosaic style background. Such a perfect color harmony. Thank you for playing along with us at The color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete