Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 1 Verve Holiday Release Spotlight Hop

Verve Holiday Spotlight Hops


Welcome to Verve's November 2014 Spotlight Hops!  Over the next few days the Verve Divas and special guests will be spotlighting 3 new sets, a plain jane and 2 coordinating die sets! Everything previewed this week will be available in the Verve online store on Thursday, 11/20. So come hop along with us and see what's new at Verve!

If you have come here from Andrea's blog you are right on track. If you just happened up on the Hop, you can follow the list below to get caught up.

Today's spotlight is shining on the Light My World set illustrated by Chaitali Narla and the new Holiday Sequin Mix.

Well as you can probably tell with all the Verve graphics that I am guest designing this month. I am beyond thrilled because I am a huge Verve fan. Huge, as in one of my top three favorite stamp companies! I've been (secretly) hoping to join the DT for years now but this is the next best thing.


I stamped the image from the Light My World set onto Neenah card stock which I cut with the Verve A Cut Above Rounded Rectangle Die. I colored with Copic Markers, adding Ranger Frosted Lace Stickles to the poinsettias and the candle flames. The background panel was  prepared by stamping the sentiment from Light My World and the graph image from the  Making a Statement set with Versamark ink and then embossed with Ranger Gold Embossing Powder. A strip of gold mirrored card stock was slipped underneath the panel. I attached the sentiment piece over the graph with dimensional dots and a bit of messy gold thread underneath.  A few of the sequins from the new Holiday Sequin Mix and a button threaded with gold finished it up for a clean and elegant look.




Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for a little more about our new products, an introduction of the 2 fabulous guest divas (one of them being moi), and all the prize info and deadlines!

Light My WorldHoliday Sequin Mix


Day 1 Hop List
1. Julee7. Charmaine
2. Laurie8. Stacey
3. Chaitali9. Teresa
4. Marisa10. Andrea
5. Amber11. Nancy
6. Diana


Products: Verve Stamps, Die and Sequins, Recollections Gold cs, Bazzill and PTI cs, MFT button, Gold Thread, Ranger Stickles and Embossing Powder, Versamark ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Candles-W00, E81, YR30,YR31; Poinsettias-G20, G43; Shadows-C00, C1



My Sale Page.

42 comments:

  1. welcome! :) beautiful card. love the colors and layout. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple yet elegant beautiful stamp and choice of colorings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is one of my favorite on the hops! It's so classy and elegant -love the colors, the touches of gold, the layout - everything! And yes, I've been secretly hoping too - guest DT is the next best thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your guest designer spot. Your card is just lovely , I love the use of green.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your guest spot...love this gold inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft colors. The green poinsettias are lovely and unexpected! Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love the texture and that bit of graph and gold thread to ground the candle just makes me wish I'd thought of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!! Love the white and gold!! Congrats on your guesting....well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, all lovely cards today, but this last one of the hop is my favorite! Annette P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beyond beautiful card! Love the graph and the use of gold and green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!!! This is beyond elegant --- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card has a really lovely design to it - love that it isn't overworked!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love the gold border.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The gold and green against the white just pops. This is a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! This is so pretty! I love the gold and green against the white. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very pretty! I love the gold & clustering!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, now i'm totally blown away!!! This is my favorite card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very classy card. Love the touches of green and gold with all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your card is awesome! Love how you stamped the grid image from the Making a Statement in gold and popped up the candles. The pop of lime green is a nice touch. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Monochromatic colour schemes are always so beautiful! Love the texture on your cardstock too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Stunning card! Love the white with green and gold accents! Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL card. LOVE it.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card and appreciate (especially the mint green and gold highlights) you sharing your creative talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous. I love the way you've done these candles and poinsettias. I also love these new sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. I love the sequins and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your gorgeous card Nancy, congrats on your guest spot. I sure look forward to more of your beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your CAS Christmas card using non traditional colors. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card - love the clean, crisp look and all the embellishments.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. A gorgeous card. I love that touch of green on the flowers -- subtle yet perfect. Also love that textured paper -- love that linen look.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely gorgeous! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful card!! love that you have used stickles for flame... very nice..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card! I like how you wrapped the thread underneath the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on being a guest designer! This card is stunning; I can absolutely see why Julie asked you to join them this month. Love all the white space and that big of gold net.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Clean and Gorgeous!! I have got to get me some gold thread! LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, simply gorgeous! I love all of the shimmer and shine on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the combination of gold and pale green.

    ReplyDelete
  37. sweet...so many great details packed into this card...way to go showcasing these new VERVE stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous, love the gold and the CAS design. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the gold and white base of this card!

    ReplyDelete