Saturday, November 22, 2014

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} Handmade for You


Welcome to another day of The Cat's Pajamas sneak peeks. We are showcasing the new Handmade for You set today. 


I created a card and small gift bag as a "neighbor" gift for the holidays. I stamped the sentiment from the Handmade for You set using Ranger Vermillion Archival ink and then cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I combined it with one of the house images from the Home for All Seasons set  which was stamped onto Copics X-Press It blender card and then cut out with the matching Village CutUps. I clustered the stamped pieces with a patterned paper background piece, a red and white strip cut with the Chevron Cutables, the heart shaped key hole cut with a die from the Key to My Heart CutUps and a trio of Doodlebug enamel dots.  


I used one of the food grade 4x6 Cotton Muslin Drawstring Bags that Alma is carrying now to make a matching gift bag. I started out by cutting a stencil with my Silhouette using the Chevron Cutables and a Stencil Blank. I inserted a piece of card stock inside the bag so ink would not bleed through to the back side, laid the stencil over the front and inked the open chevrons with Studio Calico Lime Light ink using the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool. For the tag, I stamped the sentiment from the Handmade for You set and then cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I cut a tag shape with one of the dies from the Luggage Tag CutUps from Limeade Ice card stock and attached the sentiment to it anchored with a button. I tied the tag to the bag with a ribbon bow. Easy and so fun to make. 


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps, Cutables and Muslin bag, PTI cs and button, Michael's ribbon, Maya Road stick pin, Ranger Archival and Studio Calico inks


Here are some details you need to know:

1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, November 25.

2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.

3. Save the date for the Pajama Party on Monday, November 24 from 8-10pm EST.

Here are the other Cat Pack participants:  NoelleLisaChristineJessie


Here are the new products I used today:




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous set, I totally adore this handmade set and know that it shall be used lots at this crafting table

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I love the bags!

    ReplyDelete