Monday, November 17, 2014

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} Official Grinch

Welcome to Day 1 of The Cat's Pajamas sneak peeks. Over the next seven days The Cat Pack will be showcasing seven new stamp sets, four new dies and two new Cutables. It's going to be a fun week of projects so let's get started.



We are debuting the new and hilarious Official Grinch set. I think everyone at one time or another has identified with receiving a sweater in the wrong size, weird color, etc. I took it a step further with the ugly Christmas sweater. I first cut the tag from patterned paper using a die from the Luggage Tags CutUps and stamped the sentiment with Memento ink using the Coolvetica Alphabet Set. I added  trio of buttons and red and gray twine in the tag hole. I stamped Sprinkles directly onto the card base and then again onto patterned paper from the Basic Grey Nordic Holiday pad and then fussy cut out the "sweater" portion. After adding the patterned paper panel I attached the sweater atop Sprinkles using dimensional tape. The sentiment from the set was stamped onto a quote bubble cut with my Silhouette.


For the inside of the card, I used the also new and exciting PopUp Pivot CutUps. See The Cat's Pajamas blog for a video to see how simple and easy it is to create and attach. I stamped Poochie onto white card stock and then then again onto the same Basic Grey patterned paper as the first time. I fussy cut out both pieces and then attached the sweater portion to the image. The completed image was placed onto the pivot piece. I stamped the sentiment onto a matted piece cut with a combo of dies from the Fancy Flip and  Fancy Flip Frames. 

Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Basic Grey, Fancy Pants and Lawn Fawn dp, PTI and Simon Says cs, Hemptique cord, Kaisercraft jewels, Memento ink, Copic Markers
Copics: R00, R01, R02

Here are some details you need to know:

1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, November 25.


2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.


3. Save the date for the Pajama Party on Monday, November 24 from 8-10pm EST.


Here are the other Cat Pack participants:  KelliNoelleWendyLisaChristine, Lori

And here are the new products I used today:




5 comments:

  1. Awesome card Nancy I love the pop up pivot <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Nancy! That paper is perfection for the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this just cracks me up. I just love your sweater and the sentiment. This set is definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete