Thursday, November 20, 2014

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} Pray for Snow


It's another day of TCP Sneak Peeks. The fabulous penguins are back with the Pray for Snow set. Now living in Alabama, I really do have to pray hard for snow because it is a rare occurrence here. We get excited when even a few flakes start falling, never mind that it usually isn't even cold enough to stick to the ground. 


I have two cards today, both are 4.25 square and were created with card stock and patterned papers from the Carta Bella Merry & Bright pad.


For the first one, I colored the skating penguin with Copic Markers and then fussy cut out. I prepared the background with patterned paper to represent the sky and then cut a snowy landscape with one of the dies from the Holiday Toppers CutUps. I also added a "pond" with another one of the dies from the same set and then placed the penguin onto it attaching with dimensional dots. I created the fabulous oversized snowflake with the also new Double Snowflake CutUps. I cut the larger one from patterned paper and the smaller one from white card stock. I also used the smaller die to cut one from silver glitter card stock, trimming the points off of it plus I kept the cutouts intact. To assemble, I glued the white and silver pieces together then placed atop the larger piece with dimensional dots. An enamel dot finished it up. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the "snow bank" using Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush ink. 


For the second card, I used the skiing penguin also coloring with Copic Markers and fussy cutting out. I created the background circle with a die from the Holiday Toppers CutUps and Spellbinders Nestabilities. I used the Dots Plate to emboss a border panel and the 3x3 Stars CutUps to create two stars from glittery card stock. The sentiment was stamped onto a patterned paper circle. The penguin and stars were attached with dimensional tape. I embellished with messy silver thread and a few Doodlebug enamel dots. 

Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Carta Bella dp, PTI cs, American Crafts Glitter cs Doodlebug enamel dots, Copic Markers
Copics: Skating Penguin-W00, E81, YR30, YR31, R32, R35, R37; Skiing Penguin-W00, E81, YR30, YR31, YG0000, YG01, YG03, C00, C1, C3

Here are some details you need to know:

1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, November 25.


2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.


3. Save the date for the Pajama Party on Monday, November 24 from 8-10pm EST.


Here are the other Cat Pack participants:  KelliNoelleWendyLisaChristine, Lori

Here are the new products I used today:




2 comments: