Sunday, January 6, 2013

You're Just My Type (and a Sunday driveby)


Today is my birthday so it seemed like a good day to talk about some changes. At least those regarding my crafty and blogging habits. Nothing drastic and probably things you wouldn't even notice if I wasn't talking about them.

For starters, I am now only posting blog posts to Facebook that are design team related. So if you read my blog from my postings there you will miss some of them. I suggest a reader such as Google Reader or signing up for email updates.

Secondly, I started last year trying to use up some of my stash from my scrapbooking days. Who is with me in needing to get out that stuff and using it?! I plan on trying to do that even more in 2013. Yes, I have dies to make my own embellishments but that doesn't mean I can't use the premade stuff too, especially since it has already been bought and paid for. Same goes for paper. I need to really pare down my 6x6 pads.

Also, I've been a bad commenter of late. Once upon a time if I entered a challenge I always commented on two or three of the other entrants blogs and I want to get back to that. Plus visit my commenters blogs. I don't want to be one of those selfish bloggers who just take and do not reciprocate. You know who you are bad bloggers!! Everyone is busy these days but no one person's time is more valuable than another.

I also want to broaden my horizons a bit on my stamp purchases. Naturally I have a lot of stamps from the companies I design for which is perfect and just as it should be. But I do have a habit of sticking with just a couple of stamp companies for my main stamp budget when I go outside my design teams. I am rectifying that this year and actually bought some new to me stamp companies in some end of year sales already.

So let's get to what you probably came here for - today's project. It was so nice to get back in my craft space yesterday, after I set it back up of course. I scrap out of my dining room these days and I had put up everything for the holidays. I really need to come up with a better way to do that as if appears I really am not going back to my upstairs craft space.

I stamped the cutie patootie typewriter from the Lawn Fawn Just My Type set onto Copics X-Press It blending cardstock, colored up with Copic Markers and then fussy cut out. I placed it onto a circular panel cut with my Spellbinders Nesties. I then added some twill ribbon tied in a double knot with a felt heart glued to the knot. I generally followed this week's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO274) for the layout because it happens to be created my friend Ms. Carole Burrage who is a fellow Cat Pack teammate over at The Cat's Pajamas.


Products:  Lawn Fawn stamps and dp, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Papertrey Ink twill and felt, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: BG0000, BG10, BG11, YR31, YR23, Y35, E55, E57, E29, W00, E81
 
I am so grateful for this wonderful blogging community. Not only do you guys inspire me with your creativity you managed to make me smile during a very difficult time with very sweet and uplifting posts and emails! I am happy to be starting 2013 with you.



8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I look forward to your "changes". I think we all go though phases in our crafting, blogging, creating and it's good to have some changes!!
    Your card today is just so fun and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    I am really making an effort to use my stash too...I plan to not make any (maybe I should say many) purchases unless it is something like adhesive, pop dots or ribbon...that type of thing. I actually think it will be fun and rewarding!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Nancy! I hope you are having a wonderful day!
    I think your changes are good, and I am so with you on using the stash of embellishments and papers we have on hand. I really need to get back to leaving more comments too.
    Love the cute Valentine card, great papers and the heart on the ribbon is a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite cute, love your colors and design choices. I totally agree with you re: comments and I've been doing good so far :-)

    xo, Kristina
    Visiting from Mojo Challenge
    Hope you can visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and happy new year! I like the coloring your card. Someday I'm going to have to pick up that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day! Love the colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a great list for 2013...I have been wanting to venture out to buy more stamps from different stamp companies too..... thanks for the inspiration....your card is adorable, luvin the typewriter! have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOsh this typewritter paper is so perfect with your image, I love it! Adorable. I am right along with you for your 2013 goals. I have been trying to use paper I already have and need to scale down quite a bit on my 6X6 pads as well. The truth is, I could make things for a couple years without buying any new designer papers, lol. But I can't go that long, lol. I comment all over the place and still find I miss people and especially with my feedbiz in my email. I think if you try to comment once in a while here and there that people will understand. But I like your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete