Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Glad Tidings

Today's project is my first Christmas card for 2013. By the time I completed my cards last year, I was totally burned out on the holiday (in more ways than one). But I did set a goal for this year to do at least 1-2 a month until I start another Christmas in July on the blog. It also represents my very loose interpretation of the Week 2 sketch for the Viva la Verve January challenges. I received the Pink Paislee City Sidewalks 8x8 paper a little too late in the season to use much of it so I really wanted to cut into it more. I replace the circle in the sketch with the oversized snowflake Die-namics from My Favorite Things that I purchased in an end of year sale. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and then added a bit of sparkle with white glitter. I stamped the sentiment from the Verve Holiday Phrases set in the center of the snowflake. I tried the 3.75 x 7.5 size again for my 4x8 envies. Easy!


Products: Verve stamp, Pink Paislee dp, May Arts twill, My Favorite Things Die-namics and button, Doodlebug glitter, Tim Holtz Distress Ink

It's hard to believe January is almost over.


My Sale Page.

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Nancy! The last thing I want to do is think about Christmas in January, but I admire your tenacity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, I really love your idea for how often you are going to start with your Christmas cards for this year. I think card is truly stunning and I just know you are going to be one happy lady come this November when the rest of us really can't stand to see anymore red, green or for that matter blue and white Christmas cards. lol.... HOpe you are well. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy. I just discovered your blog and your work is beautiful.
    Shelley McG

    ReplyDelete